Friday, June 15, 2012

Schule Days

We spent the morning of day 2 at the John Lennon Gymnasium. I figured a school in the old East Berlin would more likely be named for V. I. Lenin, but much changed when the wall came tumbling down. Classrooms are named for Beatles songs. My room would probably be named "Help" if I worked there. The building is 150 years old and still shows scars from WWII, but is one of the top schools in the city, placing its graduates in the finest universities. Shows when happens when investments are made in the people (are you listening Dekalb!?!). It even has Frau Alexander's fondest dream- recess!

Interesting male students attract a crowd of admirers.





Maybe Mrs. Johnson could call her room Paperback Writer! And the cafeteria could be Strawberry Fields! And Mr. Calhoun's could be Nowhere Man! Oops! I meant All You Need Is Love!


Limited locker space. Couldn't even stuff a freshman in there.








This is the school parking lot!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment